October 3, 2007

Elite Nationals Begins

In a nut shell... it's starting off not so well. This actually began before we got here, when our flight out of Portland was 2 hours late. Here is a picture of Donna waiting for our plane.

After getting to Los Angeles, then to the house, then stretch, then get a massage, then shower... it was probably around 1:30 am before I got to sleep.

Today was the 500m.time trial. I hoped to ride under 39 seconds. My time last year was 39.1. I'm not sure what the main problem was today, but I think it was a mixture of a lot of little factors. In the race itself, I should have had a stronger start. When you don't get going fast enough in the beginning, it chips away at the overall time. My time today was my almost slowest on this track at 39.59. I think I was 10th overall- not good. If I got the time I was hoping for, I would have been 6th I think. Brian and I talk about a few things and one idea for next year might be to go back to my longer cranks....

Tomorrow afternoon is the keiren. Hopefully I get home a little earlier tomorrow night to report.

This is Molly our massage girl. She rode her bike ALL THE WAY HERE from Portland. She left Portland about 3 weeks ago. She often gives massages at our track and we love her. I don't know that guy on the table.

This is the view of the track from the infield, where all the riders warm up and wait to ride.

3 comments:

erikv said...

No worries, everyone has an off day!. Use it for fuel in the Keiren! Good luck!

Jeanie said...

I am glad you made it there finally. Too bad about the 500, probably a result of the chaos at the airport and everything else. Good luck in the Keiren.

Jeanie said...

I am glad you made it there finally. Too bad about the 500, probably a result of the chaos at the airport and everything else. Good luck in the Keiren.