July 4, 2007

Prick!

I had acupuncture for the first time yesterday. I won one of those first visit/consultations from PIR for the June series. I had thought about acupuncture in the past for various ailments, but have super anxiety with needles. I saw this opportunity as a door opening. I've had plantar faciitis (fancy word for tendinitis) in my arch/heel for a few weeks. I went to the doctor last week, then grumbled as I dropped $45 for a pair of flip flops with more support. $45! I guess they are pretty decent, but not very good looking....

Anyway, I went to see Malia Susee at Good Medicine Acupuncture in Portland. She stuck mini needles in various places, including about 8 in my head (like I needed more holes in my head.) I did feel more relaxed within a few minutes, like she promised. There were 2-3 in my heel. After a while, she tweeked all of the needles. I don't know exactly what this means, since I refused to look at any of them. When she got to the one directly in the sore spot of my heel, I thought I was going to die- BIG HURT.

Right after the session, I didn't notice a huge difference in how my heel felt, but within less than an hour, I did notice that the pain had reduced in half. And if it bothers me, I can squeeze my ear seeds!

0 comments: