May 31, 2007

June is here! (tomorrow)

I totally hate that we have to make up snow days at school. Some districts don't, but not Battle Ground. We hang in there until June 25th. Yes, that's a 2 followed by a 5. There's talk to actually PLAN some snow days into the calendar next year. Novel.

I raced with the women out at the track tonight. There were 10 of us- more than in the cat 3 men's race, which is a surprise. I got second in the omnium behind Miranda. It was fun battling it out with the girls I train with.

So, I'm going to be seeking some sponsorship for my Nationals/ World's trip coming in October. Any folks with money out there? I've figured out that the cost of both national events and then to Sydney will cost me around $6000. I have my proposal ready and plan to hit the pavement in Battle Ground next week. Hopefully I can use the "great teacher going for gold and following dreams" angle to pull on the heart strings of the town I teach in.

Only 5 weeks until Alpenrose Velodrome Challenge (AVC)! Hey, you track riders out there- Come to this race July 6-8th.

Kara- I saw your signature in my guest book. I need to get your email address.

0 comments: