December 10, 2007

Degrees of Separation...

Well, in case your friends have never shown you a separated shoulder, check out my scanty pictures below. I have to wait until a doctor sees this to know at what degree it's pulled away. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get in to see a doctor until Thursday. And I have to see the same doctor I dealt with when I broke my wrist. He's skilled and knows what he's doing, but it bothered me that he wasn't as interested in my urgency to get healed and back on the bike as I was. He's well along in the years (at least 70) and my guess is that he's not learned anything new in years....That's the Kaiser catch 22. They'll pay for just about everything as long as they control just about everything. But I got the appointment lady pulling for me and will let me know if anything opens up before my appointment.

In the meantime, I'm able to move it quite a bit. I'm going to see if one of the boys at Therapeutic Associates can take a peek at it tomorrow.






5 comments:

The CBSpecial said...

Its called malpractice. They will always error on the side of caution. Just do what you are comfortable with.

K-Man said...

ouch. get well soon!

erikv said...

Aw man, at least it was a low speed crash with no broken bones. I hope you're back to it soon!

There is no KP handbook of conservative medical practice. Some docs are more progressive than others, so maybe you should switch PCPs if you don't like this guy's style?

Jeanie said...

What? How did this happen? I need more details! I hope you recover quickly, good luck with KP.

Heather said...

Hmmm... blogger is not giving me email announcements of comments.

Thanks everybody. I had the option of seeing a more progressive, sports specialized doctor, but her first appointment wasn't until January. And another doctor didn't have something until next week! So, I'm just going to this guy because he's available...